Train communities to respond swiftly and effectively during disasters
While disasters such as hurricanes, floods and earthquakes happen with little or no warning signs, the damage they cause in property and human life can be devastating.
Qurbani Foundation is currently working with several communities to train “Disaster Preparedness & Response Teams” at the local level. Going forward, the goal is to expand this training at national and international levels.
Disaster Preparedness training offers many advantages such as:
- Prepare and equip community members with skills so they can assist their family members and neighbors in the event of a disaster
- Prepare teams of volunteers who can respond and mobilize on short notice in times of emergency, in the US or some other place in the world
This training is offered at three levels:
- 2-hour workshop where you can learn basics of how to help yourself and your family.
- 20-hour training with hands-on training exercises and drills that qualifies you to become a part of your community’s response team.
- Most comprehensive program by attending Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training that qualifies you to become a part of Qurbani’s international response team.